Pages

    Sunday, August 2, 2009

    Kids Say The Darnedest Things And Adults Say The Dumbest

    I was doing my morning routine, checking out the news, and the e-mails and the Twitters and I stumbled across something that caught my eye on the Huffington Post and it made my stomach churn in disgust. Michelle Malkin, a conservative talking head, was on the usually entertaining and informative This Week with George Stephanopolous and was somehow picked to be a guest on the Round Table segment of the program. The talk made it’s way to Unemployment and she blurted out that she thinks they need to cancel unemployment because it gives people an incentive not to work.

    But why should I tell you this? See it for yourself:

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/02/michelle-malkin-cynthia-t_n_249520.html

    Yeah, I don’t know about you, but I’m 30 and have been working pretty much nonstop since I was 15. That’s 15 years for those of you that aren’t down with the math. I lost my job at [PLACE I WORKED] back in [FART.] Sure, Unemployment Insurance sure helps to pay the bills, but to say that I wouldn’t take a full time good paying gig over a few hundred bucks a week would be crazy.

    I fired off the following e-mail to Michelle at writemalkin@gmail.com:

    “I’m 30. I’ve been working nonstop since I was 15. In May I lost my job as a [PERSON DOING THINGS AT A PLACE] due to “budgetary reasons.” It’s the first time in my fifteen year work history that I’ve been out of work and it is just straight up insulting that this rhetoric-spewing, hateful little moron can spread this poisonous horse shit. It’s not like I haven’t tried to get a job. It’s not like I haven’t called in every favor from every work acquaintance I’ve had the last 15 years of living on both coasts, making friends, etc. I’m either “overqualified” or they don’t have anything. Believe me. UIB *barely* pays the bills, and I am completely and totally thankful for it, but to even imply that I wouldn’t take a job in a split second over getting UIB is dense and irresponsible, even for an idiot like Michelle Malkin. “

    Haven’t got a response yet, but I’m sure once she gets a whiff of middle class on my e-mail she’ll hit delete before she’s even done reading it. I’ll letcha know.

    0 comments: